Friday 21 March 2014

#080 Office Bullshit ReconstrucShawn

So there was a reorganization announcement today. It started with mentioning that the reason for the restructure was to save more money and be more efficient.

Then they announced 6 promotions. So that will save some money, for sure!

And to help make processes more stream-line, my co-worker and myself now report directly to two different managers, four other co workers now report to one of my managers and a third manager.

And if that doesn't speed things along enough two site managers have been promoted to senior managers (that will each now manager two sites each) and then another two people were promoted to replace the old site managers. 

We now have 4 additional Managers and 2 new senior managers.

And the brainiac behind this is of course our fearless 'general' manager, previously mentioned for her brilliance here and here.

So far one person is considering giving their notice, and I know one person that will only hear the news on Tuesday will likely just turn around and leave when she finds out who her new boss is. She's already semi-retried, so I know she really couldn't give a shit, and leaving a few months early will be far more attractive than working for a dumbass. Man I wish I was her.

I'm beginning to think that our general manager comes from the Pauline Marois School of Business Mismanagement and Dumbfuckery. 

But hey, on a lighter note... yea, I got nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment