Thursday 6 March 2014

#065 DonaShawn

There's a kid, well 'kid', he's in his early 20's I'd say, that I have seen on occasion pan handling for coins in Cote-Vertu metro.  When I see him I give him whatever coin I've got.  He's always appreciative. Always smiles. Always says thank you.

I haven't seen him for a while, but he was in the metro tonight on my commute home.  I didn't have any coin in my pockets, so I checked my wallet. All I had was a $20. It was my emergency $20 for the week in case I got sick of my packed lunches (the waffled falafel) but I have been enjoying my lunches and I figured I didn't need it as much as he did. So I gave it to him. I mean, I've often though, that could be me...

The look on his face was touching. He kept saying "Thank you, thank you, thank you..." I just smiled, and said, "Don't worry about it." And then I went on my way.

As I was on the Metro, heading home, I got to thinking about what I did. No biggie really, I've given money many a time, and it won't be my last. Then I thought about what I gave up for Lent; my Hope for Humanity... and then something popped into my head... maybe it's not right that I leave it to everyone and everything else for Hope for Humanity. I need to contribute...

So for now I holding off on Hope for Humanity, but I will put something in for Humanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment