Monday 17 March 2014

#076 Workplace InactShawn

So I was back in the office; and was greeted by a whole big steaming pile of nothing. 

Yea well, thanks for nothing! 

On Thursday morning when I returned home from the Dr and the X-rays. I made a few phone calls to my office to advise that I wouldn’t be in and that there were some time sensitive things that needed to be done in my absence. Further to those phone calls I sent an email (as a check-list and reminder) to those that would need to do the urgent items, and I cc’ed my immediate boss. Am I ever happy that I did.

Only 1 of the 7 items were completed.

No one called or emailed to ask for assistance, or to tell me that they could not complete these tasks.

As I was making my way through the day it became apparent as the 2nd issue arrived that someone wasn’t doing their job. I quickly went through the list and as soon as I had completed the unfinished work, I replied all to the email with a note indicating what was completed and what was left, without notice. And what that would mean for the clients involved.

The guilty party then approached me and asked why I told the boss that they didn’t do their work, I replied with, “Maybe you should ask yourself that”

I’m not even interested in an explanation. The Boss can deal with this one. 

All I had to do was call in and say “I’m sick. I’ve got a Dr’s Note. I’ll see you on Monday.”  But no, instead I took time and SPOKE to and EMAILED people to be sure that nothing got missed. That no clients would slip through the cracks. 

Thanks for nothing!

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment