Saturday 8 March 2014

#067 Natal CelebraShawn

Today I turned 39. (for the 6th time)

Don't judge.

It was a low key event (as 6th anniversary events usually are). I slept in, had a leisurely breakfast.  We watched the opening of the Paralympics. I took a walk in the afternoon, since it was so mild. 

Then, in the evening after supper I was presented with the most delicious cake: Triple Layer Chocolate Cake with Salted Caramel Spread and Chocolate Caramel Ganache, with Fleur de Sel. Delicious does not do it justice!

And to make the day even more wondrous, Marcel and the kids got me the most perfect gifts. I received two DVDs.The Selfish Giant  and The Happy Prince.

I remember watching both of these Animated Oscar Wilde short stories since I was a little boy every Christmas. Along with my memories of watching them was the fact that The Happy Prince left me a crying, weeping, miserable mess. Every time.  But then, some time in the early 80s they no longer aired them on TV. I tried for years and years to track down copies but never had any success locating them.

Well, Marcel is the best gift giver. He somehow always out does himself. Finding not only gifts I treasure immediately, but gifts, big and small that are more than than my heart could ever have dreamed.

I truly am the happiest person in the world. This day and every day. I have Marcel and the dogs, and family that I love. Nothing else is required.

No comments:

Post a Comment