Tuesday 4 March 2014

#063 Lenten ReflecShawn

I don't really consider myself a Christian, but I do loosely (I mean VERY loosely) follow some traditions, one is giving up something for Lent.

I posted a couple of pictures on Facebook today of pancakes, a traditional meal for Mardi Gras / Fat Tuesday / Shrove Tuesday. Many have a Pancake Breakfast, but it's been tradition in my family to have them for Supper. (Currently Marcel is in the kitchen cooking them up) . At any rate, someone asked me in a comment on one of the picks what I'd be giving up?  I answered "Hope for Humanity".  The comment received many likes. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized, 'hey, this is something I could easily give up. When you consider all the bullshit in Russian (Anti-Gay laws), in the Ukraine with the Russian occupation, all the rioting in Venezuela, not to mention how governments the world over seem not to care a lick for the environment,  well the list soon becomes endless.

So I will be giving up all hope for Humanity over the next 40 days, relying only the love of Family and Friends, and hope for Nature and the Earth.

At the end of those 40 days, let's see if something, anything will prove me wrong and restore my Hope for Humanity.  I don't want to say this is all on God's shoulders, but...

No comments:

Post a Comment