Tuesday 28 January 2014

#028 AutomaShawn

Well it was fun at work today...

As it is, I'm already doing all of my tasks, along with those of the Accounts Receivable department (it's a one person dept...) as the regular person is on vacation this week.

That in itself is manageable, but when you add to that, the fact that our head office in the US has sent up auditors that keep on asking for the Sun, Moon and the Stars to be delivered to them, with a paper copy and an electronic copy if you don't mind, oh and can we have those 3 hours ago? And here's another list.... and another and another.

I think I printed enough invoices, waybills, proofs of delivery and copies of cancelled cheques to wallpaper Versailles!

And the great news is that this was day one of at least three more. Goodie!

My favourite part of the day was explaining to the Auditors that often what they keep asking for, is not available, or simply does not exist. And then tell them again 30 minutes later...

...and then 30 minutes later...

At 3:15pm I noticed, hey! I haven't taken lunch yet. Being the dutiful auto-bot I had not noticed the day go by. So I got up, walked down the hall and told my boss I'd be leaving an hour early on Friday to cover for my lunch today.

...and then I went back to the conference room and told the Auditors that their latest request could not be fulfilled because the documents don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment