Sunday 12 January 2014

#012 ConservaShawn

Addict is a nasty word, I prefer Enthusiast. When it comes to Eggnog I am over-enthusiastic to say the least. 

For as long as I can remember, I have loved the drink. Straight, in coffee, with rum or Tia Maria, as a substitute for milk when making ice cream, pudding, pancakes, cookies, you name it. 

The sweet, smooth, creamy, luscious, indulgent, nectar is something I cannot live without. Come mid-November comes along, I am on the hunt. Checking my local grocery stores, daily. And when it comes on the market, I buy it in bulk. Two, four, six litres at a time. By the end of December I begin to hoard the drink. 

Once January rolls around the rationing begins. Long gone are the days of tumblers full of the beverage. We are now in the Coffee Nog only days of the year. It's now a question of how long can we make it last. We are now down to just a little over 1 full litre of Nog.  At best we could make it two more weekends. There is no way we'll beat the record of February 3rd for last glass. 

And once that last sip is gone, it's a long agonizing waiting game until mid-November. 

Until then, it's Keep Calm and Nog On.

No comments:

Post a Comment