Friday 17 January 2014

# 017 RecuperaShawn

Sleep didn't come easy last night, not because I wasn't sleepy, but because of this cursed cough. Therefore,  I had to rely on my old friends Extra Strength Tylenol PM, or as I like to call 'em, "My Blue Bippies". I actually managed to sleep from about 11 PM til 8 AM.

Today has been all about rest and recuperation.  Naps, and bad day-time TV. Hot toddies, cough syrup, decongestants, and my trusty neti-pot. Chicken soup. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I also managed to squeeze in two episodes of American Horror Story - Asylum. I've got two episodes left, I think I'll hold them til tomorrow... just in case I spend the entire day in bed again.  Not sure what it is about AHS  but when I was sick with a real nasty bug last year I watched the entire first season. I've kept season 2 for when I've been sick since then. Not sure wha I'll do before season 3 comes our on DVD. Oh the torture. ;-) Get it? Torture?! American Horror Story... Torture... Even sick and I still got it.

For tonight however...  more hot toddies and flannels and my own personal man servant, Marcel.  I gotta say, if I'm sick, there is nothing gonna make me feel better, put a smile on face, like he can. He waits on me hand and foot, and even gives me the bed so I can get a good night sleep. Almost makes me wish this cold would stick around a few more days...

No comments:

Post a Comment