Sunday 5 January 2014

#005 HibernaShawn

I'm not a napper by nature. I'm more of a marathon sleeper...

...or at least I used to be.

I recall a time where I could go to bed and regardless of time sleep for a good twelve hours and still want to stay covered up under the covers for a few more hours.

Naps on the other hand, were not my friend. If I napped for 15 mins or an hour it was always the same thing - I would wake up groggy, surly, in a foul mood, grumpy for the rest of the day. And worse still I'd not be able to sleep that night. Therefore I avoided them on principle.

As usual, on week nights at least, I am in bed by 9:30 pm, 10:00 pm MAX and asleep shortly after...  getting up is still like it used to be... pure and unadulterated hell!  

Fast forward to Friday and Saturday night... and sleep is but a mystery...   I wake up, 'WIDE AWAKE' awake anywhere between 3:00 am and 5:00 am, and there is NO going back to sleep. I mean who wants to sleep in late into the morning on the weekend? What with al the household chores awaiting... Am I right?!  

Well screw that...  me and Nap Time have called a truce. The last few times I've napped, I've awakened and felt refreshed and still able to get to sleep at night. And I'm pleased to say I napped this afternoon for a little over an hour and a half and I am ready for bed...  Seriously... I could go to bed right now...

...  in fact... 

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment