Thursday 9 January 2014

#009 SuggestShawn

There comes a time on one's life when you just have to say, 'Fuck it! Y'on your own."

I have a co-worker that talks... NON. STOP. She offers colour commentary to absolutely every single thing she does throughout the day, including vocalizing what she's thinking about doing.

On top of that, she asks questions. Questions. Questions. Questions. She ask's what you'd do? What is your opinion? What does this mean? What is that? How can I find such and such? Where is that thing?

So as a person that's not a total dick, *I* answer those questions. I offer my opinions. I make suggestions. I help out where I can.

And never once is anything I say taken into consideration. It's as if, regardless of what I answer, she goes with the opposite. At first I used to think that I was just imagining it. But I've tested this over time. I'll actually answer contrary to what I even want to say. I'll actually give the wrong answer. I've even answered the same questions (posed at different times) with the opposite answer of the original response, sometimes days or weeks in the past; and she still goes to the opposite answer I just gave.

Well today I drew a line in the sand. And after going on and on about a work situation that we were both dealing with -  I was done with it for over an hour, she was still chugging along because, of course, she was T A L K I N G    N O N    S T  O P...  She asked, how I was done so quickly? I told her I ran a quick report based on historical data from our clients and was able to use that to base who I should and shouldn't call. instead of just calling all my clients (even those that do not purchase the product in question) blindly. Then... get this, I offered her the report so she can cut to the chase and just call the necessary clients.  Well she said that it was a "waste of paper" (the report was 24 pages). This from the person that prints all her email. ALL of them.

I calmly looked at her and said, "While I disagree with what you consider a waste of paper, you're more than welcome to spend the next couple of hours calling clients you don't need to. It's really not my problem. I'll just sit over here not listening to you complain about how behind you are." 

And while I was at it, I said, "And in the future, I suggest, unless you're talking about one of my clients, don't bother asking me anything because it's just a waste of my time."

Yea, that was a dick thing to do, true; but stick a fork in me, I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment