Tuesday 21 January 2014

#021 InfectShawn ReflectShawn

I got up for work today feeling pretty good, and thought, 'Wow, we dodged a bullet here. Only one of us got sick with this nasty cold.'

Five hours later...I received a text, 'I'm sick as a dog...'

From the Patient to the Doctor in just a couple of days!

I've never been very good at being an Optimist. Clearly this is a prime example. How is it, no matter how hard you try, it is impossible not to spread a bug through the house. Thank god the dogs can't catch it!

'In sickness and in Health' as they say... So now I will fill in the roll of Nurse Maid, Chief Cook and Bottle Washer. And I do so willingly. I have to say that while I was under the weather with that nasty cold, Marcel waited on me, hand and foot.  Honestly if it wasn't for him I'm sure I'd still be horking up a lung.

So I will gladly make whatever he wants to eat, get his medication, hot drinks, cold drinks, another box of kleenex, rub vicks on his chest... whatever he needs, I'll do so without delay. (I sure hope he doesn't read this)

Hmmmm, sorry, gotta dash... someone wants a hot toddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment