Friday 30 May 2014

#150 Employee to Employee AppreciaShawn

So Summer Hours officially began today in the office.  What that means is you can leave at noon, on Friday as long as you work the missing 4 ours from Monday to Thursday.

For all office employees except for Customer Service.  We get screwed at every bend and corner. 

The day before I joking said to Carole,  the head of Finance that I think this Summer, those that do get to leave at noon on Friday should bring fresh home made baked goods to those employees that can't leave until the end of the day.  She said, "You mean you and the rest in Customer Service"  I said, "Well I'm just joking, but maybe it would take a little of the sting out of when everybody stops by to say goodbye... lol"  She replied, "I never thought of that, but that must a little insensitive."   Indeed.

Well I was literally only kidding around, but when I got to my desk today there was a Muffin on my desk from Carole.   I smiled, but then I thought, oh my god, she really thought I was serious.  I went to her office and said thank you, but that I was only joking around yesterday.  She said she knew that, but realized that it does suck that Customer Service consistently gets screwed on things like Summer Hours, or "Office Holidays, where everyone takes the day off bu us, because our clients might call....

She told me after we spoke yesterday she spoke to a few of the other employees and they decided to rotate bring us in a treat every Friday.

So yea, we'd rather have the afternoon off, but it's nice to know that there are a few in the office that appreciate Customer Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment