Thursday 15 May 2014

#135 Friendship Re-connecShawn

Well it only took 17 years, give or take a few months, but I finally tracked down a dear old friend today. We both lost track of each other is more like it.  Our last contact was back in the late 90's. We were actually still writing letter! Email?! What was that?!

We both had a tendency to move around, a lot, and I guess over the moves addresses and forwarding failed. And then, the abyss...

I've never stopped thinking of her over these many years.

About 3 weeks ago I found a contact on the internet for her husband (not even sure if they were still married) and hemmed and hawed if I should email him, in no small part because he's a Sheldon Cooper-esque scientist with the US military. I finally decided to send a brief email in the hoped it would not be bounced or filtered and then have my every move tracked... for all I know I could be. hmmmmm

In the end though, it was worth it. I got a response today!  It filled my heart with such joy.

Now to write back and try to catch up on the past couple of years.   CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment