Monday 26 May 2014

#146 Portable AcquisiShawn

I ordered a portable scanner a couple weeks ago. It arrived today. 

I have hundreds of photos I want to scan, and so does Marcel.  And then there's my parents.  I'm sure there are likely a good 100,000+ photos in their house. A great many I've no interest in, but then again there are probably a few thousand of immediate family I'd love to have copies of. And I know Marcel's Mom has pics we'd like to have as well...

The beauty of this scanner is it's not a flatbed scanner. It's a wand. You can scan photos, documents, magazine pages, certificated etc...  It scans in JPG or PDF formats.. Colour or B&W. You can upload with the mini SD disk, with a cable or via Wifi.  It also comes with a small flatbed with a transparent overlay to keep documents and or photos flat, if so needed. And the best part is it all fits in a small carrying case about the size of a rolling pin. Compared to the last flatbed I had that was a good 24 x 18 inches. And about as silent as dishwasher from 1982.

I did a test scan tonight. And it did a not too bad copy. 

Best of all when we visit the family cottages, or our parents, we don't even need a laptop as the SD disk is 8G. 

I can't wait for the weekend so I can get caught up on the stack of pictures I have, waiting in a folder in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment