Thursday 1 May 2014

#121 Parental Financial ComplicaShawns

A couple of years back my parents put my name on the deed to the family summer home on PEI. Because neither they or I are residents of the Island when the time comes, transferring the property to me, and or inheritance will be a costly affair. So this was done to avoid this. 

Seeing as I'm on the Deed and the tax bills from the province I decided that my time to contribute financially to the maintenance of the property.

Have you ever tried to give your Parents money (that you hadn't borrowed in the first place)?  Let me tell you it's not easy!

It's taken 6 months just to get copies of the bills from *last* year! lol

Now that we know some of the costs, *they* are making excuses why  we shouldn't pay anything... UGH! Too bad! 

Just think about this... when was the last time someone offered to pay some of YOUR bills, and you said 'No'. Remember that time, it never happened? ;-)

I get that they don't want to feel that can't manage on their own, but I am a part owner. They just have to understand.

So now I guess the real challenge will be their cashing the checks we send. (Fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment