Saturday 10 May 2014

#130 Heat AverShawn

Today was a reminder that Summer is coming.  And I'm not altogether happy about it. 

It was 23'C, with a 27'C Humidex. 

My personal Limit is about 22'C. but I would say no to 20'C

While there are elements of Summer that DO appeal to me:
-Barbecuing / Grilling food
-Gardening (if even only in patio and window boxes)
-The smell of fresh cut grass
-2 weeks at the cottage on PEI
-Walking the dogs
But that's pretty much it.

I don't care for high heat or humidity, and even less for the Hydro bills due to our almost four months of non-stop Air Conditioning the apartment... don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have the AC, but it's not cheap when it's running 24/7 for four months!

After today, I'm considering starting my annual Countdown to the First Day of Winter early. I usually start on the first day of Summer, but I'm not above starting early, and the first day we touch 30'C I very well just might start the countdown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment