Thursday 27 February 2014

#058 Paper Crime Scene InvestigaShawn

If P.C.S.I. were a TV show, my office desk would be ground zero for tonight's episode.

I swore yesterday I wasn't gonna bitch and moan about work... but OMG! Today, OMG!

Seems the Auditors will be back next week and so they sent a few requests on Monday (20 examples in total) that they wanted documents for when they arrive next week.  Invoice and Shipping Docs.

Then on Tuesday they added another 10 examples, and another document (Proof of Delivery) for all 30.

Then yesterday they added another 30 examples (total now of 60)

And then today, as I was collating the last 4 examples, they said they didn't want Shipping Docs and PODs.  They wanted Proofs of Payment.

Thanks for that.

So I've now printed over 2500+ pages, and approx 1000 are now not needed.

Fortunately we have a rule of re-using single printed pages for anything internal and 'scrap' pages are used to print needed documents when they will only be used internally.

Of course everything that got printed for the Auditors was on fresh paper, as we do not want any used pages going out with any info other than what they require.  Thankfully those 1000+ wasted pages WILL be used again, but at the end of the day it was a WASTE of paper!   Not to mention the time wasted, not just by myself  but 2 other people in Finance here and 6 people at our other offices across Canada.

So yea, my desk looks like a cyclone hit a filing cabinet, stacks of paper everywhere. It's basically a crime scene of wasted toner and paper.

I'm sorry Trees. I did not mean to diminish your existence. I swear we will re-use every last page you provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment