Wednesday 12 February 2014

#043 Delicious IngestShawn

As a standard rule I am not a fan of Brussels Sprouts*. 

I have never voluntarily consumed them.  I have only, 5 prior occasions eaten a few, to appease my Mother-in-law, because I'm a very good Son-in-law. Generally there are 4-5 on my plate at Thanksgiving or Christmas and that's about it. That's as far as I'll go.  

That all changed tonight because I not only ate Brussels Sprouts of my own volition, but it was basically because I found a recipe on Buzzfeed that contained them, and the pics looked so good I insisted Marcel make the dish. 

Not only was it delicious, but he's going to make it again this weekend! And next time he's going to make it spicier!

I can't say that I will become a lover of B.S. but I'm willing to continue to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can be a part of a delicious meal. 

Mushrooms however remain on my Do Not Eat List, and I do not foresee any change where they're concerned...

---

* Is it just me?  I always thought they were called Brussel Sprouts... or at the very least, Brussel's Sprouts. Who knew?! Eat a great meal and learn something at the same time! Win - win I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment