Sunday 16 February 2014

#047 Rule of the NaShawns

GO CANADA, GO!*

---

*Marcel and I are fickle sports fans.

While without a second thought we will ALWAYS root for Canada. And almost without fail, we will never root for USA, the one exception is in Figure Skating Ice Dance. We will ALWAYS root for the Canadians, but we've been known to falter a bit when Davis and White are skating.  I say "we", but really, it's more me than we.

I can't help it. Visually, artistically, Davis and White are like a beguiling Witch and Warlock and I am helpless against their charms.   Don't get me wrong, I Love Virtue and Moir, but Davis and White just speak to me that much more. I still want Canada to win the Gold, but the ONLY acceptable exception would be Silver (behind Davis and White).

This one hiccup aside, the rules are clear and finite.

In order,  the countries we will root for:

Canada
Great Britain
Ireland
Australia
New Zealand

If any of the above are out of contention, but there is an American still in the running we will root for, (in order of preference):
And Scandinavian Country
Germany 
Russia
any Asian country: China, Japan, Korea (North or South)
any other Country
... even France.

It might sound childish, immature and un-Canadian but I can assure you, we get immense pleasure out of it.

GO CANADA, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment