Wednesday 19 February 2014

#050 IncantaShawns

I'm not sure why, but I've always loved the incantations from movies.  Since we've been watching so much Supernatural on Netflix, and what with their fairly regular exorcisms and demonic banishments in Latin, that all my favourites have been percolating in my head.

So, in no particular order here they are...

"Ah say ento pi alpha mabi upendi
(Ah say ento pi alpha mabi upendi)
In comma coriyama
(In comma coriyama)
Hey, (hey), 
high, (high).
Say bye-bye!
(Bye bye!)"
~Hocus Pocus

"Klaatu Barada Nikto."
~Army of Darkness

"Filigree, apogee, pedigree, perigee!"
and
"Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!"
~Bedknobbs and Broomsticks

"Maana turi calazay santi, Lucy, goldo, win-ja!"
~Hello Again

Aside from the fact that they're all from favourite movies of mine, I can't tell you why I can remember them so clearly, especially since they're basically all nothing but gibberish.

Maybe on the next full moon I'll recite all of them and see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment