Sunday 28 September 2014

#271 Crafting ExploShawn

Today was a very crafty day for me.

Like yesterday I started off easy. Lounged about. Had some Toast and earl Grey Tea for breakfast, then tidied up.  Did a couple loads of laundry.  Walked the kids. Changed the bed.  And then I turned my attention to some crafting.

First I sorted through my supplies. Cleaned some new glass jars. And soaked and then re-dried some seaweed I collected from the beach on PEI. Then I sorted all our Sea Glass.  Large, Medium and small, plus two extra jars, one with the best pieces, and another of all the crockery. Once all that was done then I got to work on today's tasks..

From a project I did back earlier in the summer of the Elements (Earth, Air, Fire and Water) I added a fifth vial with a piece of cut mirror to represent Spirit.

Yesterday I bought a Baseball display box at Michael's to use for the huge Moon Snail I found this summer. It's basically as big as Santiago's head. and I'm glad I bought the larger of the two boxes, because it *just* fit in the one I got.  Today I put a teeny tiny shell I also collected under a miniature cloche. 

Then I made two matching pendant/amulets with the smallest vials I've ever seen. I filled them with Water I collected from the Beach on PEI.  This way, until we are back, we won''t ever be far from the Ocean. I'm a Pisces and Marcel is a Cancer, both Water Signs. So our connection to the sea is very strong.  This way no matter where we are, where we go, we will be close to the sea.  I hope he likes it.

And then I didn't one more conceptual piece.  In seven mini vials I put together a Deconstructed Beach.
Vial 1: Sand
Vial 2: Sea Water
Vial 3: Sea Shells
Vial 4:Sea Glass
Vial 5: Drift Wood
Vial 6: Sea Weed
Vial 7: Seagull Feathers

Everything was collected from our beach on PEI.  I'm not sure where I'll put it, but I kinda love it.

All of that and I still had time to go to the grocery store, and prep for tonight's Tuna, Lemon and Arugula Spaghetti. 

A full, but joyful and relaxing day. All ready looking forward to next weekend when we finally decorate for Hallowe'en. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment