Monday 21 April 2014

#111 Monday Morning Police IntervenShawns

I was awoken early this morning (3:20am) to what I thought was some random police show the TV.  But both the TV in the living room and the bedroom were off. There was no radio on... what was I hearing? Was I having a dream that did not want to release me? Was I hallucinating?  No...

...what woke me up was a Police intervention a block away from the condo, and some asshat being arrested at gun-point. There were 3 or 4 cop cars and someone was shouting orders (via megaphone) to said asshat. 

Very annoying that it was so loud, but fortunately I was able to watch everything go down, from the comfort of my bed... I didn't even have to raise my head off the pillows.

Took me about 30 minutes to get back to sleep and even then it was rather restless.

Jump ahead 4.5 hours and I'm now in the very, very slowly moving Metro. Not bad enough that the Buses and Metro are running on Holiday Schedule - but an "Emergency Intervention" shut down the Green line of the Metro (between Berri and Angrignon), directly cutting me off, en route to the office.  I was lucky to switch at Berri and get back on track, but the delays continued.

As the Metro passed the Lionel-Groulx Metro station there was plenty of that yellow "DO NOT CROSS - POLICE" tape  and a good 20+ police and metro security on the green line side of the platform, along with a train 1/2 out of the station.

So already a little sleep deprived, and with the added delays in the metro, my 50 minute morning commute because a very unpleasant 95 minute commute.

Of course we all know the reason why this happened. One cannot simply enjoy a long weekend without something to balance it out on Monday Morning.

Fingers crossed that the commute home is a little less 'exciting'...

No comments:

Post a Comment