Wednesday 8 October 2014

#281 Musical AppreciaShawn

About 18 months ago we discovered the music of Paloma Faith.  I was hooked from the first time I hear her.  Admittedly she does fulfill a gap left when Amy Winehouse passed away, but that said Paloma has  the musical backbone to enjoy a long healthy career.

Problem is, her latest album (A Perfect Contradiction)  was released back in February, well in the UK.   And then soon after in the US.  But in Canada… no dice!  There have been the odd singles released on iTunes Canada, but the album was just no where, no where, no where.

Well I happened to be transferring photos and changing the music on my iPhone last week and I thought I’d take a look to see if the album was released yet.  Well, it wasn’t released but it was FINALLY in a Pre-Order for release on Oct 7 2014.  Well I promptly pre-ordered that sucker!  And I would hae downloaded last night, but quite frankly after the Tech Support to Mother, I just did not even have the energy to open up my laptop.

Well tonight, after 8 months wait, I am downloading the album now!   Guess what I’ll be listening to on my commutes to and from work for the next few weeks, non-stop?

No comments:

Post a Comment