Monday 10 November 2014

#314 Parental FrustraShawn

*sigh*

You know when you haven’t heard from your parents since you last spoke to them 2 weeks prior that something must be amiss.  

I tried them last night (twice)  got their machine)

Called them today from the office because I couldn't wait til tonight to call again.

Ask, “What’s new?”

Get the answer from Mother, “Well other than my fall, not much...”


When I asked, “When did you fall?!!!”

I was told, “Last Saturday. Didn't I tell you?”

“Mom, we haven’t spoken in two weeks!”


“Oh, well then, yes, I fell last weekend, and have been in bed mostly since. I was sure we had told you.”

*sigh*

I am really beginning to worry about those two…

I had to make them promise that the next time one of them has an accident, it is the other’s responsibility to let me know within 24 hours.

And I have to send an email to them to follow-up and have them print it and put on the fridge.


I used to think I should have liked to have kids, but then we have two dogs that are fairly well trained, and I have two Parents that aren't… and that’s enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment