Sunday 2 November 2014

#306 Crafting ExploShawn

T'was another busy day today. 

I got up early-ish.  had breakfast, then putzed about, un-decoration the house from Hallowe'en. No mote skulls, no more spiders, no more snakes, no more severed hands, no more eyeballs, no more bones, no more crows...  well okay fewer crows. There are ALWAYS crows...

Then a quick tidy of the kitchen and BAM!  Craft Time!

I made a new arrangement of collected feathers and put them under a cloche. Then I put my recently purchased Abalone Shell, Crow Feather and some White Sage in a glass display box. 

Then I added another shadow box onto the Kitchen Wall. This one with cookie cutters: an 'S' for Shawn, a small dog-bone for Santiago, an large dog-bone for Peanut and an 'M' for Marcel.

Then off to the Storage Unit to take the Hallowe'en decorations back. And another quick stop at the grocery store. And back home and time for a snack... nachos and salsa.

Only two more projects for the day... two more Shadow boxes to display two earlier art projects:
The Deconstructed Beach (8 vials containing: Sea Shells, Sea Weed, Sand, Ocean Water, Sea Glass, Sandstone Pebbles, Seagull Feathers and Driftwood). 
The 5 Elements (Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit).

I had to build an structure to go inside the Shadow Box, to support and center the 8 mini vials, and then cover that structure in textured paper as a back drop to the half filled vials, and the see-through water vial.  It went rather well and can'y help but think I'd be able to sell such a piece for a fair amount of money. Honestly, not to toot my own horn but I am pretty impressed with the completed look. 

The other Box (The Elements) was a bit of a disappointment and I'll have to re-do the supporting structure...  I mis-measured and the vials were not help snug and bounced round a bit and I cut the paper cover wrong... UGH! I guess I was getting tired and wasn't paying close enough attention.  

Ah well, At least now when I re-do it, I'll be able to do it quicker because now I know what I'm doing! lol  

All in all, a good day..  but golly, I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment