Sunday 15 June 2014

#166 Father's Day.

It's tough being far away from your family on special days. Tougher still when you have a brother that is an hour away from your parents and he doesn't give a rat's ass; has no communication with his parents.

I just got off the phone with my folks. Had a nice talk with Dad. They had a good day. They went out for Brunch and a movie (from gift cards we sent).

He sounded great. Better than he has in the last couple of talks. His voice was cheery and upbeat, upbeat until he mentions not hearing from my brother, or his daughters. Personally, I've had no communication with him myself in over 5 years. After seeing how he treated our Parents a few days after our Grandmother passed. 

It's so hard hear Mom and Dad's voices go so happiness and jot, to dejection and sadness with each phone call. Their pain has dulled a little over the years, but can you ever get over the total rejection of a child? If my parent's are any example, the answer is no.

I have no respect or fond memories of my brother, it should not be hard to surmise that all in all, he's a dick.  The only positive thing I can say about him, is that he too a picture of Dad and me that I love.

I can remember the day that it was taken. In August 1977, we were on vacation on PEI, and had gone to Rainbow Valley (in Cavendish) and while on a row boat in the duck pond. My brother took Dad's camera and he took this shot.


Love you Dad.

... and I suppose thanks to my brother, for doing at lease one redeeming action in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment