Wednesday 4 June 2014

#155 Lessons from an Emergency EvacuaShawn

Normally I despise the semi annual fire-drills at the office. Most days I have more than enough to do, without the wasted half hour it takes from start to finish.  

But today, today was different.  It was sunny, 18'C with a very pleasant breeze. Naturally there were a few complainers from the office, "It's so cold", "Why didn't I take my jacket?", "I can't believe she took her purse. You're not supposed to."

First of all; it was GORGEOUS OUT, not cold. Secondly; you could have easily have taken your coat, it was on the coat rack, right - beside - the - door. And finally; I would assume she kept her purse on the back of her chair, or on her desk. It's not like she had to go up two flights to get it.

Personally I keep my satchel on the back of my chair, and I took it with me. Sorry but it's not a waste of time for me to grab it as I stand up from my chair, and as it contains my tablet, glucometer and meds. You never know if the fire alarm is real or not and I'm not going to be without, and not risking not getting them back. This is also the reason  why my coat (when I wear one is hung on the back of my chair. and my winter boots stored under my desk. Because I'm not an idiot.

Don't be a bitch because you're an idiot and don't have a clue. Be a bitch because no one in the office likes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment