Wednesday 11 June 2014

#162 Cough Cough CongestShawn

So sickie came into the office  again today.  Coughing up bits and pieces of her lungs all over the place.

After most of last week, that yesterday and today I had enough. Not only is she likely infecting the whole office, her coughing (and I'm not exaggerating when I say non-stop coughing) was rattling my sanity. 

Enough is enough. I'm tired of people coming into the office sick.  

I went to see the boss and HR. I pointed out that she really ought not be in the office - which is true. She sounds like death is rattling 'round her lungs. The boss went to see her and she managed to suppress her coughing for about five minutes. The moment he walked out of the call center she damn near passed out. 

HR is insisting that she see a Dr and she stays home until she comes in with a note indicating she's seen a Dr and they give their approval for her to be in the office. 

She went on and on about how the clinic she goes to doesn't take appointments and it's first come, first serve and she can never manage to be seen by a Dr (No shit Sherlock! That's what she's cough coughing on death's door.) Not good enough. I googled CLSC and her neighbourhood and gave her the number.  They made her call right away and she now has an appointment for Friday Morning.

Honestly, the entire office had to gang up on her to get her to see a Dr. Why do people rather gamble with their health than see a Dr.  Pisses me off.

On the plus side now I'll have the next two days Cough-Free and be able to get things done. She gets her lungs looked at and I get some peach and quiet... Win Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment