Wednesday 27 August 2014

#239 Rose PlantaShawn

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

Truer words, my friends. Truer words.

Every year when Marcel and I are at the cottage, my Mom asks us to weed the garden around the front deck. And by "weed" she means remove all new sod of grass that has grown in because she never plants anything. 

Well this year I told her "No. Unless something is planted we are not going to do all the work just to have nothing planted next spring and then have to do the same work again next year."

I told her point me in the direction of a good nursery where I can buy some old fashioned rose bushes and I'll do the work it takes to dig up the "garden" again and this time plant some perennials - Rose bushes and we'll be done with it.

One day later I now have 8 rose bushes, 2 sedums and 2 day lilies to plant.  Sure it's because I opened my big mouth, but I have to tell you  I LOVE old fashioned rose bushes, so I really don't mind. Only problem is we will have to wait a year to see any noticeable results...

No comments:

Post a Comment