Tuesday 26 August 2014

#238 Parental Technology EducaShawn

Last summer, my Mom fell in love with our Nexus Tablets. Of course all she did was play Majong, but he was in geeky Techno Love.

So this spring Marcel and I talked about getting her one for Christmas this year. But given the learning curve, and to be honest, just the set-up we realized it was not a good gift since we'd not be able to walk her through it in person.

Well, this vacation she was again asking to use the tablet to play games. And she wanted me to go out shopping with her to get one.  Well okay... I guess I can do that. We finally found some at Target. And she was going to buy one but her bank card wasn't working, so I said let me get it and bam... a minute later I kissed her on the cheek and said "Merry Christmas"

Then as we left Target she said, "Okay, now I want to get an iPhone." I just did NOT have it in me to walk her though this.

The next hour was spent setting up her gmail account and prepping her table. And repeating the basics.  On. Off. Volume. Email. Face Book,  Download Games.  

And now I've guaranteed myself to endless calls of It doesn't work. What's Wrong. Fix it... all over the phone...  

And god forbid when I get my NEW iPhone in the fall and send my 4G to her... 

I have pretty much guaranteed myself a quicker path to the grave... the years this is going to take off my life...

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment